I was talking yesterday with a few great friends, just looking back some on the course of events from the last few years and the things that God has done. I was reminded of the summer of 2010 and how the day before I left Wrangell, I stood looking out the window of a friend's house and just cried. Like cried to the point that I drove everyone around me nuts because I could barely enjoy my last bit of time there because my heart hurt at the thought of having to leave without knowing when I would come back. I left knowing God had put Wrangell deeply in my heart and believing I was called to be there, but at that point He gave me no specifics on the when or how. I left only with the word that I was being sent back to Texas to be further prepared and to increase my burden for this community. But I knew that God knew my heart.
I also remember one of the youth one of my first summers there telling me that I should be the counselor at their school. I remember thinking how amazing that would be, but I was years away from finishing school and a move to Wrangell wasn't even strong on my radar then.
Fast forward to last week, and I get the news that my agency is switching my grant program so that I can work in the school to provide services to the students. He knows my heart. Within 6 months of starting at my agency, God lined up the details so that I have the chance to work with the students that have had my heart for years on a daily basis.
There are plenty of other desires and promises I believe that God has put on my heart. I easily get impatient and frustrated at times because I want to see other things begin to happen, but moments like being told last week that I will be working in this position remind me that I can trust God with my heart because He is the one that puts those desires there.
So whatever your circumstances, even if you have no idea how God will work things out...just keep showing up and keep being obedient...He knows your heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment